Wednesday, November 10, 2010

In the beginning...

In the beginning there was food, and then there was sugar, and food became totally awesome. And then people got fat.

I was one of those people. I have always struggled with my weight, mostly because I love eating. I like all good food, but especially sweets. In the years before getting married I had worked (and I mean WORKED) my weight down to the very top end of the normal range of the BMI (we'll save the discussion about the accuracy of the BMI index for another day. Is it okay to refer to myself as 'we'?) but then as happens in most marriages I put on some weight. About 50 pounds to be exact.

There were a couple of diets that took off 40 pounds before it came back on. Then about 3 years ago I found a diet system that worked for me and came to love running. I ran a half-marathon and followed that with 2 full marathons in the last year.

With the running and moderate eating I have found that I can still eat good food and keep shedding the pounds. So far I have lost 55 pounds and have kept it off.

This blog will chronicle my running and provide some of my most loved recipes, usually on the sweet side.

No comments:

Post a Comment