Friday, December 10, 2010

Blood, Sweat & Apple Dip

I went for a 5 mile run last night at a pace that I thought would be nice and leisurely. During the run, however, I had to slow down a couple of times because I felt like I was pushing it a little too hard. Fortunately I finished feeling pretty good.

Only after I finished did I realize that I had donated blood in the morning. That would explain the lethargy.

The experience was a good reminder to me that not every run is going to go according to plan. When I'm in the midst of training for a race I have a schedule that I follow religiously. But there are days when it's just not there and I feel like I have to take it down a level.

Obviously, if I cut every workout down a notch then I won't reach my goal, but it's okay to cut back today and make up for it tomorrow. I'm glad that I've gotten to the point in my running where I feel okay about cutting my losses and living to fight another day.

**********

This recipe is fool-proof and fabulous. It is perfect for any type of party.


Apple Dip

1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
¾ cup of melted butterscotch chips (1/2 bag) (Nestle works better than generic)
¼ tsp cinnamon
Dash salt
1 Tbs vinegar

Mix all ingredients. Heat in microwave or on the stovetop, stirring periodically until all of the butterscotch chips are melted and the dip is smooth. Great with green apples or bananas.

No comments:

Post a Comment