Thursday, June 16, 2011

She Told Me So

One of the things that I like about running is that it is remarkably cheap, as I've said before. The main equipment needed are some shoes every once in a while. The problem is that I'm a major cheapskate and find it hard to pass up a deal, especially when it is for something I need.

Since I'm going to be running a trail race in September I need to run on trails and shoe manufacturers now make some really good trail running shoes. So I saw a deal online for some shoes from a really good brand that were about 70% off. I read the reviews and was convinced. When I called my wife to tell her I was going to the buy shoes online I could actually hear her rolling her eyes over the phone, because who in their right mind would buy something as finicky as shoes online?

A few days later the shoes arrived and, of course, they didn't fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment